U Media is searching for a motivated and experienced advertising sales representative to sale digital and print ads for our exciting, new, quarterly publication, U Sandy Springs. U Media is a lifestyle communications agency, compromising of magazines, radio and television, that focuses on the being Complete “U”. We believe the Complete “U” involves 4 pillars of well-being:
1) Physical: To obtain a healthier lifestyle that allows us to handle our regular activities without extra strain or physical stress.
2) Emotional: To understand and maintain mental stability in order to manage expected or unexpected challenges.
3) Personal: To relate, connect and interact with others to create a sense of community and lasting relationships.
4) Professional: To gain self-satisfaction through career opportunities and continuous training and development.
Through publications, discussions, news and stories, U Media strives to improve the lives of others. We also want to encourage and inspire our consumers to engage in progressive dialogue while building their communities.
As a community based publication, the right candidate for our team will live locally in the Sandy Springs area or be familiar with the area. They will also have at least 2 years of advertising sales experience, and will be very organized. The workload can be completed part-time, 20-25 hours a week. We offer competitive pay rates plus a monthly stipend after a 60 day review of your progress.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Building and maintaining relationships with new clients
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals
- Daily contact over the phone with prospects to promote advertising space in both print and online
- Cold calling new prospects on a daily basis
- Responding to inbound inquiries
- Attend networking events on behalf of the company
- Experience with print publications
- Communication skills
- A good telephone manner
- Persuasive ability
- Confidence and an outgoing personality
- The ability to build relationships with customers
- Diplomacy and patience
- The ability to work under pressure and meet targets
- Goal driven
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org